Essential oils can bring about balance in your mind, body and spirit. Used for centuries, these highly concentrated liquid plant extracts come from the flowers, bark, roots, resin, leaves and peels of plants. They are at the foundation of many of today’s most commonly used medications, and they are a holistic healer’s best friend. The articles on this page will help you to gain a greater understanding of what essential oils are and how you can fit them into your health regimen as well as your practice. Learn information about the following:
• What are essential oils and how they are made.
• Methods of using essential oils through diffusion, topical application and in the household.
• The personal benefits of using essential oils.
• How essential oils and aroma therapy can help to unblock chakras and bring about healing as well as a heightened spiritual practice.
• Specific essential oils and the therapeutic benefits they provide.
• Information about the seven chakras (root chakra, sacral chakra, solar plexus chakra, heart chakra, throat chakra, third eye chakra and crown chakra) and how specially blended essential oils can help you to awaken, unblock and strengthen each of these energy centres.
• How to incorporate essential oils into your daily meditation.
• Learn why not all essential oils are created equal as well as what makes Blended Valley’s essential oils better than the rest.
Imagine yourself in a lush tropical field as the sun drapes warmly across your body, nourishing the flowers and plant life nearby. The humid air carries the scent of flowers through the valley. The air is different here, with the rosy, grassy scent of palmarosa...read more
The Greeks named oregano the “joy of the mountain”, admiring the light purple blooms that adorn the green stalks of the plant. When the plant is in bloom amid a sea of its brethren, it truly is a purple field of joy. Greece is believed to the the origin of the...read more
Most people know nutmeg as a culinary saviour, working wonders on sweet desserts and warm beverages. Nutmeg brings up memories of warm holidays spent with loved ones, nights lazing by a toasty fire and hearty meals enjoyed with family, friends and...read more
A tropical delight, ylang-ylang essential oil is made from the long-petalled flowers of the cananga tree. The oil boasts a scent that is both rich and delicate as well as sweetly floral. The name of the oil comes from the Tagalog “ilang” which means...read more
In the hot, humid temperatures of India, a clump of grass grows. It looks like any other tall cluster of grass, about 1.5 meters tall and perfectly ordinary in every way. This common-looking green grass is just one more green spot in India’s vast and deep...read more
The sweet, alluring scent of vanilla is cherished and loved by the world. Most know it from its multiple culinary uses, frequently featured in desserts and considered the default flavor of sweet treats such as ice cream and cake. The use of vanilla...read more
Three thousand years ago, somewhere in the warm climes of China, Japan and/or Southeast Asia, a tangerine grew for the first time. These sweet, juicy morsels of citrus deliciousness flourished, and the locals enjoyed their flavor as well as their...read more
Cheerful and bright, tangy and fresh, the sweet orange graces us with a delicious fruit that brings joy and sunshine into even the grayest day. These golden orange orbs are a gorgeous source of vital nutrients, zippy flavor, an enlivening fragrance...read more
Woody, smooth and sweet, sandalwood oil is the aroma of warmth and contentment. It is a beloved component of perfumes and colognes everywhere, instantly relaxing and energising you at the same time. Part of this stirring scent’s value comes from its longevity;...read more
Cheerful purple, pink and white flowers belie the musky scent the sage plant produces. This bountiful sage plant has been used for centuries, protecting its people from a variety of evils, real and imagined. Sage, or Salvia officinalis, is part of...read more